Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

1984 - Ride the lightning

Go down

1984 - Ride the lightning Empty 1984 - Ride the lightning

Post by The ripper Thu 22 Sep - 17:13

1984 - Ride the lightning Dscf6210

Released 30 july 1984

The album was recorded in three weeks with producer Flemming Rasmussen at the Sweet Silence Studios in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The artwork, based on a concept by the band, depicts an electric chair being struck by lightning flowing from the band logo.
The title was taken from a passage in Stephen King's novel The Stand.
Although rooted in the thrash metal genre, the album showcased the band's musical growth and lyrical sophistication.
This was partly because bassist Cliff Burton introduced the basics of music theory to the rest of the band
and had more input in the songwriting.
Instead of relying strictly on fast tempos as on its debut Kill 'Em All, Metallica broadened its approach by employing acoustic guitars,
extended instrumentals, and more complex harmonies.
The overall recording costs were paid by Metallica's European label Music for Nations because Megaforce was unable to cover it.

In many ways Ride The Lightning was the coronation of Metallica as the new kings of heavy metal.  
Their reign would continue throughout the rest of the decade and into the nineties.  
The album is an enduring classic, and when compared to all the other thrash albums of 1984
it is clear why Metallica were the undisputed kings of their genre.  
In terms of song craft, no other thrash band was even close to Metallica in 1984.

Ride The Lightning is loaded with killer tracks.  
Radio staples include For Whom The Bell Tolls, Fade To Black, and perhaps Metallica’s greatest moment in Creeping Death,
a track that takes on a life of its own when performed live.  
Experiencing Creeping Death live is probably one of the single greatest concert experiences I have ever had (“Die! Die! Die!”).  
The underrated Escape brings back memories of my Sony Walkman days where I would listen to my Ride The Lightning tape
before my high school sports games to get me PUMPED!

Well, there is no sense in me babbling on in an overly long review, as you already own Ride The Lightning anyway.  
Right?
The ripper
The ripper
Admin

https://hard-and-heavy.1fr1.net

Back to top Go down

1984 - Ride the lightning Empty Re: 1984 - Ride the lightning

Post by The ripper Thu 22 Sep - 17:19

1984 - Ride the lightning Scan0010
The ripper
The ripper
Admin