Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal
Le Deal du moment : -40%
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 ...
Voir le deal
59.99 €

Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo

Go down

Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo Empty Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo

Post by The ripper Mon 25 Sep - 13:08

Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo 1017

Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo 1111

Released 27 september 1968
The ripper
The ripper
Admin

https://hard-and-heavy.1fr1.net

Back to top Go down

Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo Empty Re: Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo

Post by The ripper Mon 25 Sep - 13:26

Review from Amazon...

I first heard this album when it was first released in 1967.
I really loved this album when it first came out and I still feel the same about it today.
The original album on disc one is mono and the original album on disc two is stereo proper.
As most of you know, the original Status Quo consisted of five members, which included a keyboardist.

They kinda sounded like an English version of The Blues Magoos who were another great band of the era.
They even recorded a Blues Magoos song entitled "We Ain't Got Nothing Yet" not included on this set.
However, if you want that particular recording, you'll find it on the double disc entitled "The Singles Collection 1966-1973"
One song which, by the way is my favourite is "When My Mind is Not Live".
Another great song on this disc is " Ice in The Sun".

But to the addition to the 2 versions of the original album are 8 bonus tracks on disc one, 5 of which are BBC Sessions
and 10 bonus tracks on disc two, of which 9 are BBC Sessions.
The BBC Sessions on disc two are done by the same band, but under 3 different names, The Spectres, Traffic Jam and Status Quo.
They also do a fantastic version of the Shirley Bassey classic "I (Who Have Nothing)".
There is a BBC version of that tune on this set and again the single appears on the aforementioned singles collection.
I think that you would love this set if you are or not a fan of Status Quo as they were different on this album
and most of the singles collection.

"They were a great rockin' groovy group with an added Farfisa" as Brian Matthew of the BBC would say.
I own both these discs as I really thought that Status Quo were one of those bands you could just listen to over and over again
- sorta like the Blues Magoos.By the way, I would rate both Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo
and The Singles Collection 1966 - 1973 with 5 stars.
CHEERS!
The ripper
The ripper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo Empty Re: Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo

Post by The ripper Mon 25 Sep - 13:32

Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo 2018
Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo 2111
The ripper
The ripper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The ripper Mon 25 Sep - 13:35

Status Quo - 1968 - Picturesque Matchstickable Messages from the Status Quo A-103010
The ripper
The ripper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down