Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
Nike : Jusqu’à 50% sur les articles de ...
Voir le deal

1978 - .Stained class

Go down

1978 - .Stained class Empty 1978 - .Stained class

Post by The ripper Wed 22 Feb - 11:14

1978 - .Stained class 1011

1978 - .Stained class 1111

1978 - .Stained class 1210

1978 - .Stained class 1310

Released 10 february 1978
The ripper
The ripper
Admin

https://hard-and-heavy.1fr1.net

Back to top Go down

1978 - .Stained class Empty Re: 1978 - .Stained class

Post by The ripper Wed 22 Feb - 11:29

The title of this review might sound a bit much, but let me explain my theory.
In my view, heavy metal is a distinct creature from hard rock.
Prior to this album, there were plenty of hard rock bands playing and producing excellent, timeless music.
The above bands played very heavy music, but I have to stop short of calling it "metal" as we know it.
The elements of the blues were still very much in evidence in these bands albums,
and in my opinion it is the elimination of the blues sound that gave birth to metal.
This is not to say that all hard rock bands are equal, nor do I mean to equate Foreigner with Deep Purple.
It is the delivery and subject matter that has always distinguished a groundbreaking band (Black Sabbath)
and a record company darling like Aerosmith.
Of course, I do not mean to rip on the predecessors of Priest; far from it.
I completely worship Black Sabbath, I think they are the greatest band of all time.
But the signifigance of Stained Class lies in the straight ahead, classically influenced style of the band, using choppy power chords
almost exclusively combined with vocals which make a strong effort to be operatic
(however, instead of opera, what came out of Halford was a unique and disturbing vocal style.
Halford gives the most unique performance of his career here, I've never heard anything quite like his vocals on this album).
The blues sound that they experimented with previously is completely absent, and gives rise to something altogether new - heavy metal!
Stained Class is difficult to describe, and can be difficult to get into because it is actually a very strange album.
I have listened to it hundreds of times and I still hear it in a different way every time.
This is a misunderstood masterpiece in the best possible way.
Judas Priest ushered in a new style of music that has endured ever since.

After three records of rock experiments, Judas Priest found their sound with Stained Class.
The music was considerably heavier than on previous albums, and was very heavy by the standards of 1978.
The drumming, which had been a perennial weak point for the band, was improved tremendously with the addition of the talented
Les Binks, who even cowrote Beyond the Realms of Death, arguably the record's best song.
The weakest track here would be Savage, but not because there's anytihng wrong with it,
it just fails to stand out in this collection of standouts.
This is a truly great record and if you are a metal fan this is an essential...buy it as soon as you can.

To metalheads, this album is a CLASSIC! There was absolutely nothing like this when it came out.
Even though the band's last two albums were heavy for their time, this album kicked the heaviness up a notch.
Several notches in fact! Exciter is a metal classic, and a perfect opener.
Rob wails like there is no tomorrow and the solos on here rule. Gotta love the double bass that Les Binks throws in here.
This is old school speed metal, no kidding! White Heat Red Hot slows things down, but still stays heavy.
This track is pretty darn catchy, I love Rob's vocals on here. Better by You Better Than Me is another catchy tune,
but it is a cover of a Spooky Tooth song.
I love the guitar on here, sounds like classic rock rather than heavy metal but it still rocks!
Savage starts off with some high yells by Rob and this song just smokes, the chorus is definitely a highlight.
How the heck can a man reach those notes?
Heavy riffs on here too! Invader starts off with some cool guitar effects (sounds like a UFO landing)
and goes into a kick ass song with a darn catchy chorus, I know you will sing this one to yourselves!
Even the guitar solo is catchy!

Saints in Hell is a HEAVY song. The riffs on here are so heavy, I mean they practically beat you upside the head.
I LOVE it when Rob shrieks "Wake the dead, the saints are in hell!" You know you love that!
Heroes End has some killer riff-work, and just flat out rocks.
Stained Class has that famous galloping riff we all know and love and some of the notes Rob hits here are amazing!
The guitar solo on here is very melodic, and I love it when, towards the end, the song gets heavier.
Back then, those were probably some of the heaviest riffs ever heard!

Beyond the Realms of Death is a fucking masterpiece.
The acoustic work is beautiful, and when the song picks up and Rob begins his yelling, your mind will be blown I guarantee it!
No one can convey the emotion that Rob does during the slow parts!
Glenn's solo is breathtakingly emotional, while K.K.'s is fast paced and crushing.
It all ends with Rob's brilliant shriek of "BEYOND THE REALMS OF DEATH".
Very nice.

The ripper:
These 3 comments are not mine.
silent
The ripper
The ripper
Admin

https://hard-and-heavy.1fr1.net

Back to top Go down

1978 - .Stained class Empty Re: 1978 - .Stained class

Post by The ripper Wed 22 Feb - 12:43

1978 - .Stained class 1510